The actions of partisans and residents of the Warsaw Ghetto were excellent examples of Jewish violent
|"A Hanged Jewish Partisan". Photograph. United States |
Holocaust Memorial Museum. Holocaust Encyclopedia.
20 June 2014. Web. 11 August 2014.
|"Bandits Escape to Avoid Capture." Photograph. Yad Vashem.|
Resistance in the Ghettos. 2014. Web. 11 August 2014.
|Grunbaum, Michael or Marietta. "Celebrating Hanukkah". |
Painting. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
Holocaust Encyclopedia. 20 June 2014. Web. 11 August 2014.
|"Baking of Matzahs in Hiding." Photograph. Yad Vashem |
Archives. "During the War." 2014. Web. 11 August 2014.
In essence, it is much too simple to look at Jews as solely victims of the Holocaust and ignore the violent and non-violent acts of resistance they took to fight for freedom and keep their spirits buoyed.
Dissecting the Essay:
1. What do you notice about the title?
2. What is the thesis of the photo essay?
3. What are the sub-topics of the essay? How is the essay organized?
4. What textual elements are used to support the thesis of the essay?
5. What do you notice about the images?