Wednesday 18 June 2014

#FirstWorldProbs

First World Problems are frustrations and complaints that are experienced only from wealthy people in rich countries. This hashtag is typically used as a way to make a joke out of unimportant inconveniences. At first, this hashtag seemed kind of funny, I've seen complaints that I personally have also experienced. But if you look further into it some people may be very offended by it. The first world is a term associated with already developed countries whereas the third world is associated with countries that suffer from poverty and are underdeveloped. To me this hashtag is a harmless joke but some would argue that is shouldn't be used on the internet as it is not correct because the third world doesn't really exist any more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that #firstworlproblems is a funny hashtag. I find there are always ones that I can relate to and they are always so true. I think it is actually a meaningful hashtag rather than offensive because they point out the stupidity of what we call "problems" and remind you that there are other people in the world with much bigger problems. When I see these posts I remember that I should be thankful that my biggest problems are not huge at all in comparison to others.

    ReplyDelete