Wednesday 18 June 2014

The stupidity of hashtags

The stupidity of hashtags
Just so you know, I have never used a hashtag and for this assignment have had to do research on them, while driving my friends crazy. thanx guys :)

The original idea for hashtags was to have people comment on issues, worldwide, like a giant chat room. That totally backfired. Now instead of interesting ideas being brought to light, hashtags are mainly used for posting pictures and comments that might as well be in a different languages for all that they contribute or mean. At this rate I seriously worry about the teens of this generation and where there brains have disappeared to.




















Previous
Next
  • My dad has more than you
  • apparently no one has anything more interesting to do i their lives of abundance.
    My favorite quote from a movie:
    "I don’t know what your generation’s fascination is with documenting your every thought… but I can assure you, they’re not all diamonds. “Roman is having an OK day, and bought a Coke Zero at the gas station. Raise the roof.” Who gives a rat’s ass?" Mr. Griffith from Easy A?  Awesome movie, but a completely perfect view of how much technology has changed us for the worst.

    1 comment:

    1. I agree with you that many of the hash tags that youth are using now a days are really quite stupid (#swag etc.) but at the same time there still are many hash tags that are used for the initial purpose of them.

      ReplyDelete