Thursday 12 June 2014

#mcm

#mcm

             Every Monday without fail I log onto my twitter and Instagram accounts only to be bombarded by #mcm on next to every post. This hashtag stands for Man Crush Monday or Man Candy Monday, and is typically used by teen girls to share which celebrity they are crushing on or find attractive at the time. Man crush monday is closely related to its sister #wcw- woman crush Wednesday. Across these two days teens every where participate in this by posting crush worthy pictures of the celeb they are crushing on that week. No I can personally say I have never sunk down to level where I feel need to enlighten all my fans about who my latest celeb crush is. I can honestly say every Monday and Wednesday I log on and just hope to myself maybe today will be the day that this hashtag will end, but every week without fail my timeline is covered in barely clothed men and women. Now this hashtag really does not have some meaningful history, it is just another shallow hashtag teens use everywhere in order to share semi naked pictures of their favorite celebs and all their followers pretend to care. But in reality man crush Monday truly has no significance on the anyone. 


2 comments:

  1. To me, this seems a little stupid. Why do people think that everyone cares about who they like? Sure, it's fine to have a favourite, but I think it's a waste of time to constantly show off who the hottie of the week is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that this is another one of the shallow hashtags used by teens. It is honestly a waste of everybody's time but for some reason, teens continue to use it week after week.

    ReplyDelete