Sunday 23 March 2014

The Day I Found Out I Couldn't Grow a Moustache

Defining Moment:


The Day I Found Out I Couldn't Grow a Moustache

It was a sad day; October 27th, 2013. It was the day I finally realized I could not grow a moustache. When I was young I always had dreams of growing one but over the years hope has slowly drifted away. The goatee however was never a problem. I have been able to grow some hair on my chin since the early grade nine days, but never the mo. People don’t know what it’s like to have a cold, smooth upper lip among all your facial haired friends. You feel like a small goldfish swimming among a group of sharks; impossibly trying to fit in. Then the same time every year Movember rolls around and I can’t even support my fellow men. It’s a hard life living without a moustache... a very hard life.

4 comments:

  1. Gavin, I am sorry for your troubles. I'm sure you are not alone in the hairless boat. Try and find some other moutasheless folks to spend time with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most heartbreaking tragedy! Your story made me never want to shave again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey look on the bright side! You don't have to put as much effort into scalping your facial hair! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give it a few years, my brother had the same problem. He also said you're just like your cousin, (Dustin) apparently he can't grow one either.

    ReplyDelete