Monday 31 March 2014

My Defining Moment

Do you guys stop to think about what you are going to do for the rest of your life? For some people it may be more difficult than others, but for me it all came rushing in on the Winter Olympic Games that we held on home turf. That's right, Vancouver 2010. You see, all these world-class athletes duke it out... Some don't make it to the podium, but people of the likes of Clara Hughes, conqueror of mental illness, Alexandre Bilodeau , the first Olympian to get Gold on home soil, the Men's and Women's hockey teams... Shall I go on? If I just cut to the chase... I saw how these athletes made Canada proud, and I too would like to make Canada proud as one of  the "Greatest Olympians of Canada". You might think that I am crazy, but if you see me on the track here or in a different country running my heart out, please cheer for me in full Canadian fashion.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Nehemiah, I hope you get to achieve in becoming an Olympic athlete. BTW, the medal looks like a golden oreo cookie at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nehemiah you horrible person you always beat me in running and break my spirit. You can bring me a medal to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your passion and determination, I hope your dreams come true of competing in the Olympics! Anything is possible when you work hard so never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be so awesome if you went to the Olympics! I think you're truly capable of getting there if you don't give up. I'm sure you'll have everyone from this English class cheering you on, and remembering the day when you told everyone about your dream of becoming an Olympian. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete