Wednesday 26 March 2014

Defining Moment


For my 9th birthday I received an Ipod nano with only one song on it, Old School by Hedley. Never did I think that band would change my life so much back then. In grade 8 I decided to look into Hedley more and more, and from there my love for music spun out of control. Their music gave me a lot of confidence and really changed me as a person and made me happier. Which may sound strange to some people but it’s amazing how music can affect someone. Now because of Hedley I have such an open, amazing love for music. I wouldn't have made half the friendships I have now. I wouldn't be interested in any of the music I like now. I wouldn't have experienced all the concerts and the positive environment that comes with it. Something I've now grown to be obsessed with. Back in grade 8 I had no idea that looking up Hedley would be a defining moment for me, but I definitely something I've realized now.

7 comments:

  1. Jessie, thanks for sharing this. Yesterday on the radio I heard a Hedley song, and I thought of you. Did you go to their concert yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go to the show in Toronto no, but I did go to one in Kitchener in February which was a part of the same tour. It was fabulous!

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate to this moment because I love going to concerts too! I remember the first time I listened to A Day To Remember, it was the first band that got me into the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I first discovered my favourite band. Someone (you) forced me to actually listen to one of their songs, and there my love for All Time Low grew. ;D Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been to one concert, but the energy is amazing isn't it? I went to this thing where they mixed classical and rock. It's not the average music but the performers were energetic, and a few fireworks kept it from being dull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The energy and positivity in the venues are one of my favourite things about going to a show. Seeing all these people with the same interests. You could talk to anyone in that room and it would be like talking to a friend. Watching the artists be so energetic is great too! I know Jake (the lead singer) is always bouncing around, he literally never stops moving during a show which makes it so entertaining. You never know what he's going to do next.

      Delete
  5. Hedley- The Show Must Go was first CD I ever owned. I used to be really against main stream and 'typical' music but once I heard the single 'Perfect' from this this album, I knew I had get the CD, and realized this band was nothing typical and had an amazing story. They're lyrics just really spoke to me and now I own every Hedley CD and single published. I've never seen them live, crowds are not my thing, but everyone only ever says its amazing.

    ReplyDelete