Monday 10 March 2014

MY FIRST BLOG POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my freakin' gosh! My first blog post (he said sarcastically)!

Hello everybody in 3U English! My name's Nehemiah Weldeab and as you could see I am very excited (not really) to write my first blog post. What shall I talk about....

Sometimes you could see me in class reading a book. That's because I am in the White Pine book club. I love to read really good books, but only a few other peers share this passion for books that I have. At the same time, I could see why there are not a lot of people in the club, because, frankly, the books do not appeal to the audience (the school).
There have been many times where I am reading a book and think "Why on earth did I start this book in the first place?" and other times thinking "THAT BOOK WAS AWESOME!!!!" (sadly the latter is fewer than the first). I think that happens a lot regardless if you are in the book club, or in a library trying to find a book that you will like.
But, I think there should be a push in the nominations to be even more in-tune with the peers so that there will be more lifelong readers (like I hope I will become) and that there would be more of a presence of this club in the English courses of schools in all of Canada. Because really, who doesn't think that giving the peers a voice a bad thing? If you have no idea what I am talking about, come to White Pine book club at lunch and have your questions answered. Become part of the community of readers all across Canada with me this semester!

On some unrelated news, the movie Divergent is coming out on March 21! Come on, after clicking on the video below and watching this trailer, tell me that it is not like the Hunger Games. Something feels very fishy to me. The only way to figure out if they are the same is to read these books, right?

Anyways, enough of me ranting. Talk to you all later,


~Nehemiah

No comments:

Post a Comment