Thursday 20 March 2014

My Defining Moment

Defining Moments

          My defining moment was in the summer of 2009. That was the summer that I spent my first week away from home at Muskoka Woods summer camp. Before going I was terrified to be away from home in a cabin full of people I didn’t know, but I was also equally excited. It took no time for the whole cabin to become extremely close and by the end of the week I had realized how amazing the experience had been. Since that summer I have gone back 5 times increasing the duration of my stay to two weeks. Spending time at camp has taught me many valuable life skills such as; Organization, Independence, increased social skills and ultimately has fueled my desire to travel and experience the world. Without these experiences I would have never come across the opportunity to travel for three months to destinations I had never imagined going to. Starting next September I will be going to Hong Kong, Beijing, North and South Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangkok, Australia and Fiji and then returning home mid December. I already know that this trip will be life altering and will have a strong impact on the person I become and where I am headed in the future. Therefore without my time spent at summer camp I would have never been presented with this opportunity. Which in my opinion is the opportunity of a life time.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you get to travel in Asia and Australia. Perhaps jealous, too! What exactly will you be doing while travelling? Will you be doing some courses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited for this trip and couldn't be more thrilled to have been presented with this opportunity. While travelling I will also be earning 4 credits just like as if I was in school. I will be earning an international business, physical education, world issues, and an English credit. There are different things that we will be doing depending on the place for example we will be visiting the major monuments of each city like the Great Wall of China and the Great Barrier Reef. But we will also get opportunities to explore the cities on our own. I can not say I have ever been more excited for something in my life.

      Delete
  2. This is a great opportunity! Are there any places you want to travel to that aren't on this list? And will you be travelling with a large amount of people or a small group?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing opportunity to learn more about the world and have more experiences that could be life changing. How do you think this experience will affect choices you make in the future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a amazing opportunity to experience the world first hand and I defiantly think its going to have a major impact on my life. I think that this trip could have a large impact on where I decide to take my life in the future. It could open my eyes to career possibilities I had never even considered. Also I will be more informed about what is going on in the world around me and not just what they say on the news because I will have experiences there. So this trip is defiantly going to impact where I take my life and how I view the things and people around me.

      Delete